Friday, 14 October 2011

Braderie de Lille (Lille flea market)

Modern day tumble toy available at Molly-Meg
I visited the Braderie de Lille this September, known as Europe’s largest flea market. It felt a little overwhelming as to how we would get to see all 100km of stalls laid out across the city and find the best bits before the other 2 million visitors. When I realised it just want possible we started to relax and just wonder about. Although the area is vast there are a few key areas to visit for vintage and antiques that I would recommend.
Head to Boulevard Louis XIV, rue Debierre and rue du Réduit, Boulevard Jean-Baptiste Lebas this is the area reserved for the sale of antiques. Also  go to Esplanade (alongside the Deûle canal, in front of the Champ de Mars).
For more information visit Lille tourist office. Purchases for Molly-Meg are yet to make into the shop. I haven’t been able to part with them just yet but will do soon I promise!
I got to meet up with fellow children’s furniture collector and friend Carole Daprey author of Mobilier Design Pour Enfants  and creator of the blog vintage for kids who helped us with some bargaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment